Your Akali counter choices revolve around picking champions that use area of effect abilities, silences, suppressions, and reveals.
- If you outrange her, use your range advantage.
- Take adavantage of her weak early game.
- Pay attention to her energy levels.
- Play with caution when she hits level 6. Her level 6 all-in is devastating.
- Equip magic resistance runes.
- Coordinate with your team.
Table of Contents
Who Can Counter Akali?
If you want an easy-to-play champion to lane vs Akali, Garen is your best option. Garen does a good job of countering Akali. He wins 53.0% of matches versus Akali mains.
Akali Counter Pick:
Tips To Consider When Playing Against Akali
- At level 6, try to prevent Akali’s use of Mark of the Assassin, as she can proc it twice using her dashes.
- Akali still takes hits by (area of effect) AOE abilities while inside her shroud.
- Choosing a champion with stealth reveal abilities such as Lee Sin makes things much harder for Akali as she is not able to use her shroud as freely.
- For other champs, try to carry a reveal ward against her so that she can’t use her shroud defensively. Or, B=buy and upgrade the oracles lens, it will negate the stealth she gains from her shroud.
- Akali excels at level 6, punish her in the lane as much as you can before she can get her ultimate.