Amumu counter play involves the following:
- Invade his jungle and steal his camps.
- Skirmish with him pre-6.
- Secure Objectives like the Rift Herald and Dragon.
- Purchase penetration items.
- Fight in the open rather than around objectives and in the jungle.
Table of Contents
Who Counters Amumu?
The strongest counter would be Fiddlesticks, a moderately difficult-to-play champion who currently has a Win Rate of 52.78% which is good.
Amumu Counter Pick
|Win Rate||Ban Rate|
Things To Consider When Playing Against Amumu
- Be sure not to group up when Amumu has his AOE CC ultimate. More than likely, his summoner will go all in with his Q with his W activated. Root everyone with his ult and use his E to deal more damage.
- Use ranged attacks to kite Amumu while you try to avoid all of his AoE Damage.
- If you can, invade his jungle and steal his blue buff, Amumu consumes a lot of mana while clearing at early levels, so he won’t have enough mana to gank or farm.
- Ward well to avoid Amumu’s ganks. If you can dodge his Q, the bandage toss is his gap closer, he has no way of effectively ganking.