Malphite counter options revolve around champions that build AP or true damage. Any champion that gets tanky, builds AP can easily counter Malphite. Even if Malphite builds health and MR to counter you, your team can win as Malphite does best when he builds armor.
Table of Contents
- What To Do To Counter Malphite?
- Which Champions Are Best Against Malphite?
- Tips For Playing Against Malphite
How Do You Counter Malphite?
Never bunch up with other teammates when playing against Malphite. If you do, you and your team members are easy pickings for Malphite’s ultimate. His abilities scale best if he builds armor. If the enemy Malphite focuses on building armor, have a teammate build AP or true damage to counter. To keep Malphite at bay, try to poke him to prevent his passive (shield) from building up.
Who Hard Counters Malphite?
Swain is Malphite’s strongest counter. Swain is somewhat difficult to play but he has a 51.98% Win Rate against Malphite which is good. Other League of Legends champions often played vs Malphite include:
Things To Consider When Playing Against Malphite Counter
- As an ADC (like Jinx), avoid taking hits from his Ground Slam. It significantly lowers your attack speed.
- With good reaction timing, you can flash away or use an escape ability to avoid Malphite’s ultimate.
- Malphite’s ultimate deals AoE (area of effect) damage. Hence, it is wise to not group up during team fights to avoid taking unnecessary damage.
- Malphite’s abilities use up a lot of mana. Use this to your advantage and out sustain him during the lane phase.